Frequently Asked Questions
1. What has happened to GameSparks?
As of September 30, 2022, GameSparks is no longer available. It is not possible to login to GameSparks, access any data or successfully call any GameSparks APIs. We made this announcement on July 22, 2021, and informed you that you had until September 30, 2021 to transition your games to other services. Here is a timeline of key events since the announcement:
- July 22, 2021: GameSparks announces it will no longer be available from September 30, 2022 and that customers who wish to support their games after this date should transition them to alternative services. Transition support is made available to all customers.
- July 22, 2021: GameSparks disabled creation of new accounts and new games
- Oct 11, 2021: GameSparks launched the data export API so customers could extract their game data in bulk
- March 31, 2022: GameSparks disabled publishing of new games to the Live Stage
- September 30, 2022: GameSparks service is no longer available or accessible
2. What happened to my game and why can’t my players connect?
The GameSparks service is no longer available as of September 30, 2022. This means your game clients will no longer be able to connect to the GameSparks service and existing client connections will have been terminated.
3. Why can’t I log in to the GameSparks portal?
The GameSparks service is no longer available as of September 30, 2022. This means you will not be able to log into the GameSparks portal to access your game configuration or game data.
4. How can I get access to my game data?
The GameSparks service is no longer available as of September 30, 2022. This means the data export API is no longer accessible for your game/s. If you would like further information, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
5. I have a copy of my game data; what resources are available to help me transition my game?
We have compiled a library of self-service documentation to help you transition your games on your own to solutions leveraging AWS. You may access this documentation on the GameSparks website.
6. How can I request for my GameSparks account to be permanently deleted?
You can request for your account to be permanently deleted by contacting us at email@example.com.
If you have any further questions not covered by this FAQ, you can contact us directly at firstname.lastname@example.org.