GameSparks Real-Time Services for Multiplayer Contexts
The GameSparks Real-Time services provide a network communication layer with the capability to send and receive data in real-time:
Designed for Multiplayer Contexts. Carefully designed to support multiplayer networked games where player and game-data should be sent and received as quickly as possible.
Host Server Support for Player vs. Player (PvP) Model. We use a PvP model for our network programming. However, we use a host server to relay communications between players and deliver important benefits:
- Supports a higher number of players than traditional PvP models.
- Gives you the option to host games in the regions of your choice to reduce latency issues.
Lightweight and Flexible SDK. A very lightweight SDK gives you, the developer, tight control over what is sent and received:
- The Real-Time SDK is dependent on the base GameSparks SDK but works differently to it because it allows you to manage packets for Real-Time multiplayer:
- Wide flexibility on what data you send and how you wish to send the data.
- Data packets can be kept as small as possible making transmission much more efficient.
- Currently the Real-Time SDK is only packaged with the following SDKs:
GameSparks Real-Time Server Designed specifically for real-time games:
- Low latency socket server supporting high throughput and low transmission sizes.
Realtime Availability? The Realtime feature is no longer available to games created on or after February 19th, 2019, or for games created before February 19th, 2019 that had not yet used the feature. If you require Realtime for your game and do not have access under your current plan, please contact us to discuss the Enterprise Pricing Tier.
FAQs? You can review Frequently Asked Questions about working with GameSparks Real-Time.
Real-Time Tutorials. For more details on how to work with GameSparks Real-Time services, you can follow the tutorials here.